Sugar•Cookies. Terrific plain or with candies in them. This recipe uses basic ingredients you probably already have. #sugarcookies #cutoutcookies #bestsugarcookies. In this video recipe tutorial I share a simple recipe for sugar cookies, cut out cookies, as well as useful tips on how to avoid spreading during.
Its time to make sugar cookies. It's time to make sugar cookies, the. Make the cookie dough: In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese with an electric hand mixer on high speed for. You can have Sugar•Cookies using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sugar•Cookies
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of margarine or room temperature butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
The BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe with an easy to make cookie frosting. These cookies don't spread, giving you defined edges! Lots of notes for perfect cookies! A sugar cookie is a cookie with the main ingredients being sugar, flour, butter, eggs, vanilla, and either baking powder or baking soda (depending on the type of sugar used).
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside..
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on high speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla, and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Dough will be relatively soft. If the dough seems too soft and sticky for rolling, add 1 Tablespoon more flour..
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Place each portion onto a piece of lightly floured parchment paper or a lightly floured silicone baking mat. With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 1/4-inch thickness. The rolled-out dough can be any shape, as long as it is evenly 1/4-inch thick..
- Lightly dust one of the rolled-out doughs with flour. Place a piece of parchment on top. (This prevents sticking.) Place the 2nd rolled-out dough on top. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours and up to 2 days..
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2-3 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Carefully remove the top dough piece from the refrigerator. If it’s sticking to the bottom, run your hand under it to help remove it– see me do this in the video above. Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into shapes. Re-roll the remaining dough and continue cutting until all is used. Repeat with 2nd piece of dough..
- Arrange cookies on baking sheets 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. If your oven has hot spots, rotate the baking sheet halfway through bake time. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating..
- Decorate the cookies with my sugar cookie icing recipe!.
Sugar cookies may be formed by hand, dropped, or rolled and cut into shapes. These cookies are easy to make and taste amazing. Perfect for any time here is a short recipe for sugar cookies! Combine the flour and salt in a small bowl. Mix with the whisk then set it aside.