Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon. Creamy Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Mozzarella are so irresistible. Bacon and Brussels Sprouts are such a classic ingredient combination! Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Bacon Will Become Your New Favourite Way To Eat Brussels Spouts!
This one skillet Brussel Sprouts dish might be for you. I've made these Cheesy Creamy Brussel Sprouts With Bacon many times and it is time to finally share the recipe with you. It involves minimal ingredients and prep work. You can cook Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- You need 10 oz of bacon cut into strips.
- Prepare 2 Tbls of butter.
- It’s 2 lb of brussel sprouts trimed. (wash, cut off bottoms and quarter.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of grarted mozzarella.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch (optional to thicken sauce).
You still think you don't like Brussels sprouts? Brussels sprouts and bacon in a creamy parmesan sauce. Sometimes all you need is a quick glance at the recipe ingredients to decide what to cook next. How about this: Brussels sprouts, bacon, cheese, more cheese?
Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon instructions
- Works best on a cast iron skillet or pan that can go from stovetop to oven.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook bacon, remove from pan. Drain most of the bacon grease except 1 or 2 Tbls..
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Add brussel sprouts, salt and pepper. Stir together for about 6 minutes..
- Add garlic. Stir together for about a minute.
- Reduce heat and pour in cream. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- If the cream is too thin, use corn starn to make a slurry and add to the pan.
- Add bacon and stir together.
- Add mozzarella and parmesan.
- Remove from the stovetop and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To brown the top, switch to broil for 2 minutes.
- You can garnish with additional parmesan or parsley or thyme or rosemary..
Most recipes for bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts call for holding everything together with toothpicks, but we skip that step. Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts, and halve lengthwise. These brussels sprouts will quickly become a go-to side dish in your rotation! I love bacon and brussel sprouts so just wanted to see how others prepared it. Garlic seems a natural addition just wondering why it wasn't included in the directions.??