Caldo de pollo. A simple but richly-flavored chicken and vegetable soup inspired by Mexican recipes needs time to simmer, but the taste is worth it. It's great served with warm corn tortillas, Spanish rice, and refried beans. Mexican chicken soup, also known as caldo de pollo, is layered with a simple chicken soup over spiced rice and topped with avocado slices and cilantro for a warm and hearty meal.
This flavorful soup is thought by many to be a great hangover remedy, and is often garnished with a. Caldo de pollo soup is a heartwarming chicken soup with lots of vegetables that make it the perfect soup for the upcoming winter days. Easy to make and delicious to eat. You can have Caldo de pollo using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caldo de pollo
- You need 8 of chicken drumsticks.
- You need 6-8 of chicken thighs.
- You need 1 of hand full of cilantro.
- It’s 1 of hand full of fresh mint.
- You need 1 half of head of cabbage.
- It’s 4 of chayote squash.
- It’s 1 pound of fresh green beans.
- It’s of Chooped onion and serrano peppers to garnish.
- Prepare of Lime wedge.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Water.
This soup is my staple food when I get a cold. It's like medicine for the stomach and heart. Mexican Caldo de Pollo Or Chicken Soup Mexican Style is a beautiful recipe of heart warming soup that will make you and your family very happy. The combination of simple ingredients, the rice, the cilantro and the chicken drumsticks make the soup a comfort meal.
Caldo de pollo step by step
- In a large soup pan add some salt, chicken and fill pan 3/4 to the top with water..
- Chop up all the veggies and set aside..
- When chicken is almost falling off the bones add all other ingredients and taste for salt. At this time add salt if needed. Allow to cook until veggies are fork tender..
- Dish up some in a nice sized bowl, add chopped onion and cilantro to the top and squeeze a wedge of lime juuce on it..
Watch the video below to learn how quick and simple it is to make caldo de pollo. There is nothing like the magical healing powers of homemade soup to heal the body and soul. How to make Caldo de Pollo. Caldo de pollo (Mexican Chicken Soup) tastes better than your favorite restaurant – or your favorite home kitchen! It is loaded with juicy, tender chicken, carrots, potatoes, celery.