Lodeh (mix vegetable with coconut milk). Recipe is inside the video, please watch till the end. #sayurlodeh #mixvegetablessoupincoconutmilk #indonesianfood. I love most Malay food like nasi lemak, mee rebus, mee siam, mee soto and the list goes on.but Lontong is the last choice that comes into my mind >.<. I rarely order this dish as I do not like the cold compressed rice, moreover I cannot find a decent one around my vicinity.
As long as you have the ingredients to prepare the spiced coconut milk broth, you can create your own version of lodeh from an assortment of. Arrays of vegetables are cooked in spices, herbs, and coconut milkto accompany rice and lontong sayur. Sayur Lodeh is a well-known Indonesian dish originated from Java and made of various of vegetables. You can have Lodeh (mix vegetable with coconut milk) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lodeh (mix vegetable with coconut milk)
- Prepare of string bean.
- You need of egg plant.
- It’s of cabbage.
- Prepare of corn.
- Prepare of chayote squash.
- Prepare 500 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s leaf of salam.
- It’s 1 of finger galangal.
- It’s 4 of onion.
- Prepare 2 of garlic.
- You need of chilli papper.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of sugar.
It is a perfect side dish to accompany rice or lontong/ketupat. I made this dish during Hari Raya (Eid Ul Fitri) gathering last September in New York but only managed to post it now just in time for MFF – KL and Selangor. This dish is a must during that time and it is usually serve with pressed rice or Nasi Impit. Sayur lodeh is a vegetable dish cooked in rich coconut milk.
Lodeh (mix vegetable with coconut milk) step by step
- Cut egg plant, chayote squash in dice. Cut corn in three. Cut string bean and also cabbage (cut in four).
- Slice onion and garlic in thiny layer. Cut cilli paper (about 1inc).
- Boil 700ml water. Put onion, galangal, salam leaf and garlic, corn until water boiled..
- Put squash, egg plant. Wait about 3 minutes, put the cabbage and string bean..
- Add salt (about 1 spoon), sugar (2 spoon) and coconut milk.
- Keep stir up until boil, and add chilli paper before end cooking process..
With origins from Indonesia, the dish consists of a variety of vegetables one prefers, tempeh and tofu. Turmeric is used to give it a beautiful shade of yellow. A variety of vegetables are simmered in a milk coconut milk curry to make this popular Indonesian vegetable curry side dish. Sayur Lodeh. (Indonesian vegetables in coconut curry). Peng's Kitchen: Lontong Sayur Lodeh/Mix Vegetable in Coconut Broth.