Tinola (chicken soup). Chicken Tinola. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If you love ginger then this Chicken Tinola is for you. A simple everyday Filipino soup that is very healthy and flavorful.
It involves cooking chicken pieces in ginger broth. This Filipino Chicken Soup is best enjoyed with fish sauce as dipping sauce, and a cup of warm white rice. Tinola is a Filipino chicken soup usually served as an appetizer or a main entrée with white rice. You can have Tinola (chicken soup) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tinola (chicken soup)
- You need 1/2 of fresh chicken.
- You need 500 gram of chayote.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Black and white pepper.
- Prepare 3 cube of maggie.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s of Ginger.
Traditionally, this dish is cooked with chicken, wedges of green papaya, and leaves of the siling labuyo chili pepper in broth flavored with ginger, onions and fish sauce. The combination of ginger, chicken, and fish sauce create a simple, yet flavor-packed chicken soup. I hope you try making this at home, because chicken tinola is so simple, yet so delicious! Tinola, a comforting chicken soup seasoned with plenty of ginger and garlic, has countless variations throughout the Philippines.
Tinola (chicken soup) instructions
- Wash chicken and chayote, and cut into pieces.
- In a medium heat prepare the oilef saucepan, mix garlic, onion and ginger followed by chicken to unsure chicken got a bit of brown color..
- Put 3 1/2 bottles of mineral water, and put the maggie cube, salt, sugar, pepper. 5 minutes after put the chayote together with chicken and mix as well..
- Make sure the taste and the chayote smooth enough, and serve into a bowl and enjoy your dinner.
Chicken tinola is a chunky soup with three main ingredients—chicken, green papaya and chili leaves (most often, the leaves of the bird's eye chili plant). The main flavor comes from the ginger. Introducing Chicken Tinola, a favourite dish of the Philippines and a taste of our childhood. This soupy stew is great for restoring one's health – homemade chicken stock is key. Showing off a different way to incorporate watercress, Chef Qui's recipe for January, Tinola Filipino Chicken Soup with Watercress and Add chicken broth and simmer until chicken is almost cooked.