Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup. Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more. Ladle soup over chicken and top with a lime wedge, grilled tortilla strips, avocado slices and cheese. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well.
My husband said it tasted just like the chicken tortilla soup. It's super simple and is a great remedy for a sore throat or cold. Slice these into strips and set aside with the rest of the garnish. You can have Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup
- It’s of Roasted chicken homemade or store bought.
- Prepare 64 oz of Homemade or store bought chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 ears of corn cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1 of chayote squash sliced.
- Prepare 2 of green plantains cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 Tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
- It’s 1 of avocado.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
If you love tacos you'll dig this soup. While the list of ingredients may seem long at first glance, none of them are difficult to find and some are probably already in your spice drawer. Shortcuts like using a store-bought rotisserie chicken cut your prep time in half. Packed with shredded chicken and black beans, this simple chicken tortilla soup from The Honour System delivers a satisfying, protein-loaded meal.
Tami's Simple Chicken tortilla soup step by step
- Cook chicken if homemade season with salt and pepper and season with spices in recipe as well..
- In a large stock pot and broth, vegetables, spices and a few sprigs of cilantro, bring to boil reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender..
- Remove chicken from the bone into bite size pieces add in soup..
- Place in bowl add fresh cilantro, avocado and squeeze of lime. Enjoy!!.
Top this warm, hearty bowl with crushed tortilla chips for an extra crunch! If you're running low on time, simply use store-bought rotisserie chicken instead. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. Video Soup Mexican Chicken Chicken Soup. This chicken soup is the easiest way to warm up.