Bacon Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Sunny Anderson's Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon recipe takes the bitter green vegetable to salty-sweet heights, and you need only four ingredients. Brussels sprouts are roasted with bacon, maple syrup, and olive oil for a smokey, caramelized side dish. This recipe for Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is dedicated to anyone out there who is convinced that they don't like Brussels sprouts.
An easy side dish that will convert even the most staunch brussels sprouts haters! These roasted Brussels sprouts with smoky bacon, pecans and maple syrup are so addictive you'll want eat them right out of the oven. Bump roasted brussels sprouts up to another level of flavor with bacon and garlic cloves. You can have Bacon Roasted Brussel Sprouts using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Prepare 12 oz of package of brussel sprouts.
- It’s 4 slice of bacon, reserve grease.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of fresh cracked black pepper, to taste.
I love Brussels sprouts any way they're prepared, but my favorite are roasted sprouts, with their gorgeous golden-brown leaves and irresistible charred look and taste. When the hot sprouts come out of the oven, use your hands to crumble the bacon onto the sheet pan, toss to combine, then finish. Brussels sprouts take on a delicious, caramelized flavor when they are roasted and pair perfectly with bacon and balsamic. These are the BEST roasted brussel sprouts ever!
Bacon Roasted Brussel Sprouts instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Fry bacon until crispy, crumble bacon, and reserve grease. Set aside until you get brussel sprouts ready..
- Wash brussel sprouts. Cut off stems and remove any bad outer leaves..
- Cut in half..
- Toss in bowl with onions, bacon, bacon grease, salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste..
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray..
- Arrange sprouts in singer layer on baking sheet..
- Roast for 15 minutes, stir. Then rearrange on baking sheet in a singler layer. I try to make sure each sprout is turned over so that both sides will brown..
- Continue roasting for 10 minutes or until all sprouts are tender and have some degree of browning to them..
Bacon roasted brussels sprouts are as good as it gets. The brussels are roasted until deliciously dark in spots and the bacon is perfectly crisp. If you're the lone brussels sprouts lover at a table of brussels haters, you may not want to make this recipe as you'll be forced to share. Oven-roasted brussels sprouts with bacon — yeah I love 'em. I still am, but I think brussels sprouts have surpassed them on my shortlist of go-to vegetables…especially when you add bacon and pair with a juicy filet wrapped in more bacon.