Augratin Brussel Sprouts. Grease a medium baking dish with olive oil, then add the Brussels sprouts. Pour the sauce over the sprouts and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Brussel Sprouts Au Gratin takes the classic most hated veggie of all time and drowns it in a delicious cheese sauce making it a yummy side dish that is hard to hate!
How to make brussels sprouts gratin. I love the Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin recipe. We love the sprouts and this is so easy and delicious! You can cook Augratin Brussel Sprouts using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Augratin Brussel Sprouts
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 4 packages of Frozen Brussel sprouts.
- It’s 2 packages of Bacon bits.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of White cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed red pepper.
Brussels Sprouts Gratin are roasted until crisp, then topped with a light cheese sauce made with Gruyere and Parmesan – the If you are as obsessed with Brussels sprouts as I am, you'll love these! More au gratin recipes I love are Spinach gratin, Spiralized. Brussels sprouts are smothered and covered in bacon and cream, then baked to perfection. Brussel Sprouts Au Gratin takes the classic most hated veggie of all time and drowns it in a delicious cheese sauce making it a yummy side dish that is hard.
Augratin Brussel Sprouts instructions
- Cook Brussel sprouts until tender. Remove any hard stems. Cut in halves and set in large mixing bowl..
- In a sauce pan melt butter..
- Then add thyme, crushed red pepper, garlic, milk and melt in cheese little at a time. Mixture will become creamy as cheese melts. And it will smell yummy!!.
- Add bacon bits to butter making sure everything is covered..
- Add flour to bacon covering bacon. Stir as mixture will stick..
- Once sauce is creamy and cheese is melted down remove from heat and pour over Brussel sprouts and mix good..
- Place Brussel sprouts in a casserole dish and place any remaining sauce on top. Then sprinkle a little xtra Parmesan and white cheddar over the top (I even sprinkle a handful of bread crumbs on too)!.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted!!.
Drain the Brussels sprouts and coarsely chop. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and toss with the red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste, then spread out evenly. Pour the cream on top, sprinkle with the cheese and breadcrumbs and dot with the butter pieces. This Brussel Sprouts Au Gratin is creamy, delicious and baked to perfection in a mild cheesy white sauce. An easy side dish that's a great addition to the holidays or perfect to serve for date night or a special family dinner.