Brussel sprouts w/red wine vinegar. Top red-wine-vinegar-roasted-brussels-sprouts recipes just for you. Add onions to Brussels sprouts, and toss well. All Reviews for Brussels Sprouts with Vinegar-Glazed Red Onions.
This easy vegetarian Brussels sprouts recipe made with balsamic vinegar and olive oil takes tasty roasted sprouts to the next level. Roasted Brussels sprouts have become a mainstay on restaurant menus as well as the dinner table—perhaps so much so that recipes featuring additional flavors are. We've seen brussels sprouts prepared every which way—roasted, shredded, sautéed, boiled, even grilled. You can have Brussel sprouts w/red wine vinegar using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brussel sprouts w/red wine vinegar
- You need 1 lb of Brussel sprouts.
- Prepare 4 slice of thick cut bacon (don't eat pork, you can use beef bacon).
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of pepper to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin(only if using beef bacon).
Chef Tiffany Faison of Boston's Sweet Cheeks likes to take a simpler approach when it comes to these tiny vegetables: "Fresh brussels sprouts leaves are. Transfer the wine mixture to a deep skillet along with ¼ cup water and the brussels sprouts. I wasn't too sure about brussel sprouts salad but I wanted to give it a try. The mild vinegar dressing is perfect, not overly strong with vinegar as one of my children.
Brussel sprouts w/red wine vinegar step by step
- Wash Brussel sprouts and cut in half..
- Heat large skillet or pot over medium high heat. Add bacon, cook 5-7 minutes. (If using beef bacon, add the 2Tbs of olive oil and continue to follow recipe).
- Add Brussel sprouts, cover, stirring occasionally, cook until crisp-tender. Add red wine vinegar. Reduce heat to simmer, cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Turn stove off, season to taste using creole seasoning, salt and pepper. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over Brussel sprouts, cover, let cheese melt. Serve.
Red wine vinegar gives it an intense, tangy flavor, that mellows as it simmers. Shallots are similar to onions, and are always a staple in my house along We definitely will make this one again. We served it with Jasmine rice and roasted Brussels sprouts. These oven-roasted brussels sprouts are all you need right now. Brussels sprouts…love them or hate them?