Bacon Citrus Brussels Sprouts. By :I Love my Instant Pot by Michelle Fagone. Although a great source of vitamins C and K, Brussels sprouts are usually a love 'em or leave 'em vegetable. But this recipe will make giving this vegetable one more chance worth your while.
These citrus bacon Brussels sprouts will be done in no time. These Brussels sprouts are guaranteed to be a HUGE hit, even for those who think they don't like Brussels sprouts! This recipe is super easy and fast! You can cook Bacon Citrus Brussels Sprouts using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Citrus Brussels Sprouts
- Prepare 2 lb of Brussels sprouts, halved.
- It’s 3 of Bacon slices.
- You need 2 of Tbsp's olive oil.
- It’s 2 of Tbsp's Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 of Tbsp's thyme.
- It’s 2 of Tbsp's dried parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
Citrus brussels sprouts slaw w/ rice paper "Bacon" BITS and almond "Parm". Hi hi, just a super quick drop in today! This salad is a bit outside of my usual style in that it has a both a faux bacon AND a faux cheesy component. I know, what is even happening right now?!
Bacon Citrus Brussels Sprouts instructions
- Put sprouts in Ziploc baggie. Drizzle the olive oil over, close and toss to coat..
- In cold pan, cook bacon till 2-3 Tbsp's bacon fat renders. Place bacon on paper towels to drain..
- Place coated Brussels sprouts in same pan as bacon fat. Stir in seasonings and a splash of Apple cider vinegar. Add squeezed juice from one orange..
- Cook till sprouts are fork tender. Squeeze additional juice of orange over sprouts and serve..
Meanwhile, cut bacon strips into thin slices. When brussels sprouts are done, place them in a large serving bowl or platter, drizzle with the warm bacon-citrus mixture, and toss together with reserved. Busting out the brussels sprouts today! As if there were another way. A crisp raw brussels sprout salad with bacon and almonds topped with a vibrant citrus vinaigrette.