Oven baked brussel sprouts. Try Ina Garten's classic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. The key to a perfect roasted vegetable is a hot oven. What do roasted Brussel sprouts taste like?
It's quick and easy side dish to make, naturally gluten-free and vegan and healthy, easy to customize with favorite seasonings or sauces, and SO delicious. Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are a healthy side dish that roast to perfection. If you're not familiar with brussels sprouts they are little cabbage like vegetables. You can have Oven baked brussel sprouts using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven baked brussel sprouts
- You need 2 lb of brussel sprouts.
- You need 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
When they are roasted in the oven they get this crispy and charred exterior that is so delicious. Al dente Brussels sprouts, if you will. On a large baking sheet, drizzle brussels sprouts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roasted Brussels sprouts are my sister Karen's contribution to our holiday dinners.
Oven baked brussel sprouts instructions
- Slice brussel sprouts ends off and cut sprout in half..
- Arrange sprouts flat side down in lines on a cookie sheet..
- Mix dry seasonings in a bowl or empty seasoning shaker. Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Drizzel thin lines of olive oil over sprouts..
- Shake a lite even layer of dry seasonings over sprouts..
- Bake at 375 until tender and top leaves start to crisp and blacken..
- Serve with care. Kids may devour them and leave no leftovers.( dont tell them thier sprouts till thier gone).
Ridiculously easy to make, there's not much to it. The key to success with roasted or baked Brussels sprouts (according to my sister and I agree with her completely on this) is salt. Here are some more Brussels sprouts recipes for you to enjoy. Your baked Brussels sprouts should be golden brown and caramelized around the edges, but still nice and tender in the center. Roasting Brussels sprouts at a high temperature with oil will caramelize them.