Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon and Shallots. My parents told me Brussels sprouts were awful, so I assumed they were! Then I had them for the first time prepared like this, and I was in heaven. Loaded with bits of crispy bacon and shallots, they're sweet and caramelized and everything you could ask for in a side dish.
Slivered brussels sprouts and shallots caramelize, getting crisp and golden if you roast them at high heat A dash of Worcestershire and a As soon as brussels sprouts emerge from oven, immediately drizzle with Worcestershire dressing, tossing to combine. Brussels Sprouts With Bacon and Figs. Crispy Charred Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Balsamic Vinegar Recipe. the BEST FRIED BRUSSELS SPROUTS tossed in BACON BUTTER AND SHALLOTS. You can cook Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon and Shallots using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon and Shallots
- You need 2 of center-cut bacon slices, diced.
- You need 1/3 c of shallots, finely chopped.
- You need 1 T of butter.
- You need 1 lb of Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved and thinly sliced (5 cups).
- Prepare 1/4 c of fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 T of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
Stir in the vinegar and the shallots. Transfer to a platter and top with the crisp bacon. When purchasing Brussels sprouts, look for those that are all the same size. This will help ensure they cook in the same length of time.
Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon and Shallots instructions
- Cook bacon in large skillet 3 min. stirring often. Remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet..
- Add shallots to drippings and saute until lightly browned..
- Add butter and sprouts, saute 3 min..
- Add broth, saute 2 min..
- Stir in vinegar. Remove from heat. Stir in pepper and sprinkle with bacon..
Red onion, coarsely chopped, can be used as a substitute for the shallots in this recipe. Thick-cut bacon has a meaty texture that works well in this dish. Brussel sprouts have always been my go-to side dish when eating out. Place Brussels sprouts CUT SIDE-DOWN into the pan. Learn how to make Brussels sprouts with bacon and shallots & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe.