Garlicy Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Crispy Bacon. Pan-fry Brussels sprouts in butter and crispy bacon for a smoky addition to your vegetable side dish. You can add a little of the bacon grease to the dish if you UGC Reviews Modal. Reviews for: Photos of Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon.
If you don't want to discard the leftover bacon drippings, carefully. Toss the roasted Brussels sprouts with the crispy bacon and toasted pine nuts. Using a peeler, shave a few slices of parmigiano on top. You can cook Garlicy Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Crispy Bacon using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlicy Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Crispy Bacon
- You need 8 ounces of fresh brussels sprouts.
- Prepare 8 ounces of carrots.
- It’s 4 slices of bacon.
- You need 3 teaspoon of butter.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- You need 2 ounces of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
Categories: Brussels Sprouts Bacon Recipes Side Dish Gluten Free. These roasted brussels sprouts with crispy bacon & creamy cheese sauce are perfect for those who This recipe for baked Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is dedicated to anyone out there who Garlic Brown Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots. Brussel sprouts have always been my go-to side dish when eating out. However, I have never been able to find a recipe for roasted sprouts that brown and You can cook Brussels sprouts ahead of time, but you do run the risk of them loosing their crispiness.
Garlicy Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Crispy Bacon step by step
- 1. Place a 2 qt. sauce pan on the stove with 1 1/2 quarts of water and 1 teaspoon of salt, bring to a boil.
- 2. Peel and cut carrots into 1/4 inch half-moon cuts..
- 3. Slightly trim the core and cut an 'X' in the core of each brussels sprout. Set sprouts aside..
- 4. Place the carrots in boiling water for 4 minutes. Take out with slotted spoon and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside..
- 5. Place the Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 5 minutes. Take out with slotted spoon and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside..
- 6. Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes; drain and cool on paper towels. Crumble..
- 7. Heat 2 teaspoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic and fennel seed until light golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the brussels sprouts and carrots, the stir in chicken stock, brown,sugar.salt, and black pepper (Note- Step 7 and 8 should only take 4 minutes tops enough to bring the sauce together and make the vegetable hot.).
- 8. Stir remaining 2 teaspoons butter into Brussels sprouts mixture until melted. Mix in bacon and serve.
- Note- You can adjust the brown sugar and pepper. Adding some bacon fat also taste good :).
Spread on large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. With slotted spoon, transfer capers to paper towels to drain. Transfer the brussels sprouts to a serving dish and cover until ready to serve (the dish Roasted Green Beans with Garlic, Lemon, Pine Nuts & Parmigiano-Reggiano. These roasted Brussels sprouts with smoky bacon, pecans and maple syrup are so addictive. Fact: Brussels sprouts are amazing and delicious and I'll fight anyone who tries to tell me otherwise.