Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin. Brussels Sprouts are one of our favorite veggies, in spite of the fact that they don't have the best reputation. We typically chalk up people's distaste for. Brussels sprouts are smothered and covered in bacon and cream, then baked to perfection.
Here, we took some lightly roasted brussels (gotta get a little color on them) and then made a creamy, cheesy, flavorful gratin to showcase them and make everyone fall in love with them…you need to try. How to make brussels sprouts gratin. Love Brussels sprouts and love that this can be made the day before. You can cook Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of brussel sprouts, halved.
- You need 8 oz of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- You need 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fontina cheese, grated, optional.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, optional.
- You need to taste of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Might add some crispy bacon bits to the topping before baking. Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Bacon BreadcrumbsYummly. Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Maple Bacon DressingCrisco. Brussels Sprouts are baked in a creamy cheese sauce with bacon is a delicious vegetable side dish that will get the non-Brussels-eaters digging in at your holiday table.
Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F..
- Place brussel sprouts in a baking dish and toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper..
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses..
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 of the bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon..
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set..
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving..
If you're looking for a healthy holiday side dish, this Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Gratin is not the one for you. Brussels Sprouts Gratin are roasted until crisp, then topped with a light cheese sauce made with Gruyere and Parmesan – the perfect Holiday dish! Keywords: Best Brussels Sprouts recipe, Brussel Sprouts, Brussel Sprouts Gratin, Brussels Sprouts Gratin, Roasted Brussels Sprouts. You want to be sure to use fresh Sprouts and smaller in size. Saute bite-sized bacon in a large skillet until lightly browned.