Caramelized Brussels Sprouts. Caramelizing is a delicious treatment for the often maligned Brussels sprout. Reviews for: Photos of Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios. Wow- earthy brussels sprouts cooked in a sugar-vinegar mixture- becomes heavenly!
We just love Brussels sprouts and we were out at a nice restaurant recently and they had caramelized Brussels sprouts on the menu and we got really excited. Welcome to our Thanksgiving Edition of Making Mealtime Magic! This week we are making the dish I bring to my mother's house every year. You can cook Caramelized Brussels Sprouts using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- Prepare 1 lb. of brussels sprouts, washed, drained and patted dry, trimmed and halved lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil (or better yet a few tbsp. of bacon drippings!).
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of honey.
- It’s of Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
Brussels sprouts caramelize in bacon fat and tossed with crispy bacon, sautéed onions, garlic and tangy balsamic glaze. There's actually a great story behind this sprout recipe. "Brussels sprouts are best when caramelized," says Gavin Kaysen. "Tossing the roasted vegetables with rich, salty fish sauce enhances the sweet notes. Golden Crusted Brussels Sprouts: Five Ways. A quick and easy brussels sprouts recipe that One of my favorite tofu recipes, caramelized strips of tofu served over sautéed shredded brussels sprouts.
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts instructions
- Melt butter and olive oil or just the bacon drippings if going that route..
- Add brussels sprouts, toss to mix, add a sprinkle ofkosher salt. Cook and stir until brown and tender crisp..
- Stir mustard and honey until well combined, add to brussels in skillet and stir another minute or two until well caramelized..
- Season with salt and pepper.
Return all the Brussels sprouts to the skillet and stir in the kale, lemon juice, red pepper, and Parmesan. Caramelized Brussels Sprouts and Kale With Crispy Capers. Add onions and brussels sprouts and stir. Make sure to coat as much of the vegetables as possible. And when prepared like this, there's a love affair in the making!