Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies. Add the flour and baking soda then using your hands, bring the dough together into a ball. Be creative with piping icing and embellishments. « Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner. How to make your holidays happy with decorated Christmas cookies!
Unique and extraordinary Sugar Cookies Design. With a thick skewer, make a hole in the top of each biscuit large enough for a ribbon to be threaded. Spice up this holiday sugar cookie recipe with a pinch of nutmeg for a Christmas treat the whole family will enjoy. You can have Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies
- It’s 225 grams of gluten-free/plain flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda/bicarb of soda.
- You need 75 grams of soft brown sugar.
- You need 60 grams of dairy-free spread such as Vitalite sunflower spread or Stork margarine foil wrapped block.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of treacle/molasses.
- It’s 2 tsp of Mixed Spice, recipe link below.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 2-4 tablespoons of milk or dairy-free alternative.
Ready in less than half an hour, these delectable holiday cookies are perfect with a thin layer of colorful cookie icing using your choice of McCormick Food Color and a teaspoon of vanilla. Finally I baked my batch of sugar cookies(christmas cookies)…. In the current state of unscheduled power cuts this is my reaction each time when I bake successfully. When I showed these cookies, mittu was awed and loved it saying amma this is for me and just for me.
Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies instructions
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer. Add the spices and treacle and beat again, then add 2 tbsp of the milk https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359496-vickys-sweet-mixed-spice-for-baked-goods.
- Add the flour and baking soda then using your hands, bring the dough together into a ball. Add more milk a teaspoon at a time if you need it but don't let the dough become too sticky. Wrap it in clingfilm and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out the dough 3mm thick. Cut out your shapes and put them on to two lightly greased baking-sheets. Gather the remaining dough into a ball, roll out again and keep cutting until it has all been used.
- Put the baking sheets in the fridge for about 45 minutes, meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F. Bake for 12 minutes. They should start to feel hard round the edges as they cool and eventually become really hard. They need to have a nice 'snap'.
- Decorate with icing sugar mixed with a little water or brush with marmalade as I did and cut out the same shapes from ready roll icing and stick on top of the cookies. Be creative with piping icing and embellishments.
To decorate cookies with stripes and dots, use thicker icing and pipe designs as shown in photos. Instantly access any of these printable activity Baking cookies at Christmas is a tradition for many people. It brings families and friends together with the Frosted Pumpkin-Pecan Cookies Frosted Spice Cookies Fruit Cake Cookies Fruit Wreaths. Tart dried cherries and toasted These crisp spiced cookies are addictive, but even Alton can't pinpoint the reason. "I don't know why I like. Ginger Spice Cookies. <p> Just the right amount of sugar and spice makes everything nice.