Vickys Homemade Worcestershire Sauce, Vegan. Worcestershire sauce traditionally contains anchovies or fish sauce, which makes it a no-go for vegans. However, you can easily whip up homemade vegan Worcestershire sauce! I am lucky enough to have access to vegan Worcestershire sauce at my local grocery store (Kroger) and many.
Homemade Worcestershire sauce contains a lot of ingredients, but easy-to-follow recipe steps make the process simple. Now a generic term, Worcestershire sauce is marketed by many other brands with some proprietary variations in ingredients. My nearly finished bottle of homemade Worcestershire sauce. You can have Vickys Homemade Worcestershire Sauce, Vegan using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Homemade Worcestershire Sauce, Vegan
- Prepare 240 ml of cider vinegar.
- It’s 80 ml of treacle/molasses.
- It’s 60 ml of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of mustard powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/8 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of anchovy paste (leave out if vegan).
Its very hard to find Worcestershire sauce where I live, so I asked one of my friends who was traveling to the US to bring me back some of that yummy sauce. My friend did so, and I excitedly added it to my collection of condiments. Homemade Worcestershire Sauce Vegan recipe: This delicious homemade version does not contain anchovies. Transfer sauce to a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Vickys Homemade Worcestershire Sauce, Vegan step by step
- Put all of the ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and whisk ingredients together well.
- Strain then pour into a sterilized glass jar or bottle and keep in the fridge for up to 8 months.
- Makes around 380mls or 1&1/2 cups.
Vegan Worcestershire Sauce is economical and easy to make. Once upon a time, I had my own food blog, but found that my This first homemade worcestershire sauce recipe might seem a little bit random, but trust me that there are only tasty things to come. Recipe for homemade vegan worcestershire sauce: dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, gluten-free and fish-free. I wanted to make Chex Mix for the kids, and figured I'd just remove the nuts and call it good: until I ran into the Worcerstershire Sauce roadblock. Homemade vegan Worcestershire sauce is easy to make and uses basic pantry staples.