Vickys Sticky 'McVities' Ginger Cake, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Sticky Ginger Cake (like the McVities Jamaican Ginger Cake). A fond childhood memory is going to my grannies house after school and getting a slice of ginger cake, thickly spread with butter to Great recipe for Vickys Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pot Pies GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Sticky Ginger Cake (like the McVities Jamaican Gin.
There's something really comforting about a pot pie. Great recipe for Vickys Sticky 'McVities' Ginger Cake, GF DF EF SF NF. One of my favourite cakes ever is the simple ginger cake. You can cook Vickys Sticky 'McVities' Ginger Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Sticky 'McVities' Ginger Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 275 ml of full fat coconut milk or whole milk.
- You need 115 grams of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 115 grams of treacle / mollasses.
- It’s 115 grams of golden syrup – see recipe link below.
- It’s 225 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarb / baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of mixed spice – see recipe link below.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- It’s 115 grams of cubed sunflower spread / Gold Foil Stork Margarine.
Every week we used to always get one of the McVities Jamaica Ginger Cakes. I have done a few ginger cakes before but haven't found one that is as good as this one. Left for a couple of days and you also get that seemingly illusive sticky top. This is a taste test/review of the McVitie's Jamaica Ginger Sticky Pudding Cake and the Jaffa Cakes Lemon & Lime.
Vickys Sticky 'McVities' Ginger Cake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 375°F and grease a loaf tin.
- Warm the milk in a pan and stir in the sugar until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the treacle and syrup in another pan together over a low heat until runny but not hot https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334096-vickys-homemade-golden-syrup-like-tate-lyles-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Sift together the flour, bicarb, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice and xanthan gum if using https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359496-vickys-sweet-mixed-spice-for-baked-goods.
- Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Pour the syrup and milk mixtures into the flour and beat until smooth.You'll need a few tablespoons more milk for a gluten-free cake. The consistency should be of double (heavy) cream so add at least 3 extra tablespoons.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Immediately run a knife around the edge of the tin to loosen the cake if you haven't lined it with parchment, then let cool completely in the tin.
- Once cooled, turn out and wrap with clingfilm or foil.
- Let the cake sit for at least 1 day before unwrapping and slicing. This is what makes it sticky.
- Serve sliced spread with sunflower spread / butter or as a dessert with warm custard https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332987-vickys-vanilla-custard-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
These were mailed to us from Peter in. Sticky Gingerbread Recipe (Just like McVities Ginger Cake!) One of my favourite cakes ever is the simple ginger cake. Every week we used to A fond childhood memory is going to my grannies house after school and getting a slice of McVities Jamaican Ginger cake, thickly spread with butter to eat as. McVitie's Jamaica Ginger Sticky Pudding Cake. Product Description Ginger Cake Team GB Proud Partner I used to really enjoy a delicious McVities Ginger cake, but recently it just turns to stodge in the.